Monday, July 26, 2010

Storyline's First Baby Blessing

Last night, we had a Storyline wide picnic out at White Rock Lake and even though it was a little warm for my tastes it was really fun.  We all brought food for everyone to share and the Kisers happened to have a bounce house for the wee ones in their garage to bring.  There was a time of communion and for the first time ever....a baby blessing!

Nathalie and her husband Brandon welcomed a baby girl, Annika, into the world a little over a month ago. Nathalie felt that it was important for there to be some kind of celebratory ceremony welcoming Annika into the world and our Christian fellowship.  We couldn't have agreed more!

During the ceremony, I couldn't help but think about what God had in store for baby Annika.  When I thought about how God already knew the answer to that question, it made me feel so insignificant in the grand scheme of things (in a good way) and put me in a moment of awe.

I know this is probably a little premature but I tear up when I think about the plans that God has for our wee one especially when I consider how He has already used me and Patrick.  



Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment