Monday, March 11, 2013

My White Flag

This past week was hard.  
Just plain ole, lie down on the floor, sob, and beg for mercy hard.
Eliot is two.
Market is coming.
Apparently Mother's Day Outs have spring breaks.
I haven't been the best, most supportive partner.
My own stupidity in thinking I can do it, fix it, make it better, create a better mood out of thin air.
I am empty.
Hollowed out.
I got past the point of raising my fist to the heavens and shouting in anger.
I am just waving my white flag.
And listening to Mumford and Sons.

 
These days of darkness
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new sun.....

So break my step
And relent
You forgave and I won't forget.....

So I'll be bold
As well as strong
And use my head alongside my heart
So tame my flesh
And fix my eyes
That tethered mind free from the lies...

I'll kneel down
I will wait for you

I don't know where or what you are spiritually but this is my soul's JAM (as my Brooklynite BIL would say)
So I will raise my hands and I will wait.
Here's my flag.
Welcome new week!

Amen.



2 comments:

  1. Be strong girl! If you need more support, we can go people watch and the mall and get fro yo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren! Can we please schedule a bitch session when Jeannie and I are in LA?!??!?! Love you!!! Xx, T

    ReplyDelete