Saturday, August 14, 2010

S'Wonderful, S'Marvelous!

Six years ago today (on.the.day!) I married my sweet sweet Patrick!  Below are the things that I have learned, laughed, and loved in that time span.

1.  Patrick is just a good listener and that is all there is to it.
2.  We've decided that we would definitely D-I-V-O-R-C-E if we went on the Amazing Race.
3.  Moving to a new city with your spouse is the most challenging and REWARDING thing you can do together.  (I'm sure this will be replaced with raising a child soon.)
4.  The wonderful qualities that Patrick has (that I pray daily to possess) outweigh the annoying habits such as keeping every t-shirt that has ever crossed his path and blaring Jane's Addiction while trying new dishes in the kitchen.
5.  I will always know a faster way to get somewhere and since this drives Patrick nutty I am trying to keep my mouth shut and enjoy the ride.
6.  I cannot imagine sharing the responsibility of bringing this baby into the world with anyone else as I know that Patrick is going to EXCEED my wildest expectations with his love and patience.  (even though he is kind of wigging out right now)

 


Jessie, Me, JoErin, Amy

Tim, Marcus, Alex, Jimmy, Patrick

Check out Nanny and G'pa's matching outfits!




3 comments:

  1. I've thought of you two ALL day! We've been at the lake, & so I couldn't get online until we returned tonight. Your post is so very sweet, & Jimmy & I know Patrick could not have found a better woman to be his wife than you!! I love you so very much, & KNOW you & he are going to be precious parents! Warts & all! Can't wait to see what the next chapter brings for you, but because you seek God in your decisions, it will be wonderful, I'm sure of that......
    Love seeing pics of that fun, great day! How I WISH we were all there celebrating tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Andee for your sweet comment! I do want to have a big shindig celebration with family and friends one day for our anniversary...I guess that will be appropriate for the tenth! We miss y'all terribly and hope we get to see you soon. It's been too long if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so excited for both of you! And sorry I'm late to the blog party...had a couple things going on :). August 14th- what a special day to get married!!!

    ReplyDelete